A strong feature available to you in Microsoft Great Plains is the Microsoft Dynamics General Ledger. Using Microsoft Dynamics General Ledger you can easily complete a number of tasks including the following:
- Enter a chart of accounts and post beginning balances.
- Set up budgets in Microsoft Dynamics GP.
- Alternatively, you can use Microsoft Excel to set up the budgets.
- Easily export budgets from Microsoft Great Plains to Excel – you can also go ahead and modify budgets or distribute worksheets to different budget managers asking for inputs or for the purpose of reviewing.
- Once the changes have been made, the modified budgets can be imported back into Microsoft Dynamics GP.
- When using predefined chart of accounts, Microsoft Great Plains allows you to easily print out financial statements or make changes to the financial statements via Advanced Financial Analysis or Management Reporter.
In order to help you understand how you can use Microsoft Dynamics General Ledger for your business, we have created a Dynamics GP General Ledger online training course.
General Ledger training course – Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains)
The General Ledger training course for Microsoft Dynamics GP explores the accounting cycle and the processes required to enter financial data into the system. It covers how to set up general ledger accounts, enter general ledger transactions, and post the transactions.
This training also shows how to perform additional functions such as account reconciliation, budgeting, allocation, period-end procedures and year-end closing procedures.
This training course is intended for customers that want to learn the basic features and understand the typical day-to-day procedures of General Ledger.
The training is targeted toward data entry clerks, administrators, office managers, CEO’s, accountants, and consultants who need to understand the technical aspects of Microsoft Dynamics GP General Ledger and understand how to use it in accordance with the rest of the system.
At Training Completion
After completing this training, individuals will be able to:
- Customize General Ledger settings
- Set up a chart of accounts including posting, unit and allocation accounts
- Enter and post transactions using transactional or batch posting methods
- Perform key inquiries and print reports in General Ledger
- Maintain records in General Ledger
- Print financial statements and other key reports to manage a business
- Complete period and year-end procedures
- Before attending this training course, individuals must have:
- General experience using Microsoft Windows
- Basic understanding of accounting principles
- Attend the MIG Introduction Track to Microsoft Dynamics GP course or have some basic knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics GP
Request Your Microsoft Dynamics GP Training Quote
To learn more about our training classes, or to discuss your specific Microsoft Dynamics GP training needs, please call us at 1.855.MIG.CORP (855.644.2677) Ext. 2 or fill out the form below.