Dynamics GP Online Training Course
General Ledger in Microsoft Dynamics GP
The General Ledger training course for Microsoft Dynamics GP explores the accounting cycle and the processes required to enter financial data into the system. It covers how to set up general ledger accounts, enter general ledger transactions, and post the transactions. This training also shows how to perform additional functions such as account reconciliation, budgeting, allocation, period-end procedures and year-end closing procedures.
This training course is intended for customers that want to learn the basic features and understand the typical day-to-day procedures of General Ledger. The training is targeted toward data entry clerks, administrators, office managers, CEO’s, accountants, and consultants who need to understand the technical aspects of Microsoft Dynamics GP General Ledger and understand how to use it in accordance with the rest of the system.
At Training Completion
After completing this training, individuals will be able to:
- Customize General Ledger settings
- Set up a chart of accounts including posting, unit and allocation accounts
- Enter and post transactions using transactional or batch posting methods
- Perform key inquiries and print reports in General Ledger
- Maintain records in General Ledger
- Print financial statements and other key reports to manage a business
- Complete period and year-end procedures
Before attending this training course, individuals must have:
- General experience using Microsoft Windows
- Basic understanding of accounting principles
- Attend the MIG Introduction Track to Microsoft Dynamics GP course or have some basic knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics GP
For more information on our Dynamics GP General Ledger training course or to schedule training for your organization, click the ‘Request Info’ button below.