Microsoft Dynamics SL
Dynamics SL Business Intelligence and Reporting
Microsoft Dynamics SL (formerly Solomon) includes robust Business Intelligence (BI) functionality designed to help your organization turn transactional data into meaningful, actionable information. Its wide range of reporting and analysis tools enable you to effectively use this information to make critical business decisions.
Microsoft Dynamics SL includes the following Business Intelligence and Reporting modules:
- Business Analyzer: Gain powerful, role-specific insight with charts and graphs both inside of Microsoft Dynamics SL client and outside through a companion application, plus perform tasks and collaborate with others. View SQL Reporting Services reports, Microsoft Excel charts, and Management Reporter reports from one central location, giving you the ability to work anywhere and on any device.
- Crystal Reports: Modify any existing report or create an unlimited number of custom reports to suit your needs with Crystal Reports the industry leading report writer included with Microsoft Dynamics SL System Manager. Crystal Reports provides powerful reporting and query capabilities for both novice and experienced users. Use it to select, analyze, summarize, and present data in almost any way imaginable.
- Management Reporter Viewer & Designer User: One user is included with each Business Essentials or Advanced Management user. Additional users can be purchased a la carte by Business Essentials and Advanced Management customers. The Designer license includes the Administrator and Designer roles within Management Reporter. These roles allow the user to administer, design, generate, and view reports with access to both Report Designer and Report Viewer applications.
- Quick Query & Quick Query Web App: Connect to more than 100 predefined views of your financial data. This interactive screen sorts and selects information, and allows for filtering and saving of custom views or connecting to a custom SQL Server view. Quick Query Web App provides access to information on smartphones, tablets or desktops machines.
- Quick Query Editor: Connect to custom SQL Server views and choose which fields to display and which Microsoft Dynamics SL screen to drill back.
- SSRS Report Writer: Included with Microsoft SQL Server are the capabilities to create, edit and host SQL Server Report.
In addition to these core components, you can further extend Dynamics SL’s Business Intelligence capabilities with the following module, which is available either as part of the Advanced Management edition or a la Carte:
- Microsoft Forecaster (Dynamics SL 2011 and earlier): Microsoft Forecaster (FRx) is the fast, affordable way for midsize businesses, large organizations, and divisions of global enterprises to realize the benefits of a budgeting and planning application. It can be implemented quickly to provide users with immediate control of the entire budgeting and planning process. Microsoft Forecaster is a fully integrated budgeting and planning application designed to help companies create and execute accurate and realistic budgets.