Microsoft Dynamics GP vs. QuickBooks
Dynamics GP: The Best Alternative and Upgrade to QuickBooks
Did you know that Dynamics GP’s return on investment is 30 times higher than QuickBooks?
Dynamics GP is the premier upgrade to existing and prospective QuickBooks customers looking for a solution running within the corporate firewall or online. Dynamics GP is targeted to small and medium sized businesses and has the highest functionality to price ratio of any accounting system.
Find out why ALL organizations that are exposed to Dynamics GP will choose it over QuickBooks:
Dynamics GP Gain
- Audit Trails to control “who does what”
- Workflow and Field Level security to control “how they do it”
- Posting permissions to control “when data is persisted”
- Offers full and seamless integration with Office Productivity Suite (Excel / Word / SharePoint / PowerBI).
- Integrates with major CRM vendors (Sugar, Microsoft, Salesforce) for full Opportunity to Quote to Cash automation.
- Has a very powerful built-in interface designer to connect to any operational or financial system with minimal effort.
- Financial and operational data is easily accessible via Excel based refreshable reports
- Data belongs to the customer
- Data is automatically backed to the Azure cloud for geo-redundant failover capabilities
7 Signs That Your Business May Be Outgrowing QuickBooks
The qualities that make QuickBooks a good entry-level accounting solution are the same ones that make it inadequate to meet the needs of growing businesses. Here are several indicators that your organization may be outgrowing QuickBooks:
- Limited reporting capabilities aren’t giving you the visibility and insight you need to run your business.
- Multiple departments or lines of business are preventing you from centralizing and integrating your data.
- You find yourself unable to confidently and consistently comply with regulations for monitoring and securing your financial data.
- You experience frustrating and unacceptable delays in menus, reports, or navigation.
- You have had to sacrifice transaction history or master records to improve system performance.
- More users need to access the system than are currently allowed.
- You are concerned about the lack of security and compliance features.
4 Reasons Why Dynamics GP is the Best Alternative to QuickBooks
For businesses that have outgrown the entry-level capabilities of QuickBooks, upgrading to Microsoft Dynamics GP offers numerous benefits:
More than just accounting software, Dynamics GP offers far more features than QuickBooks. These features span key areas of functionality, including financial management, business intelligence and reporting,
Better Financial Reporting
The whole point of an accounting software solution is comprehensive and actionable financial reporting. Microsoft Dynamics GP includes a greater number of standard reports than QuickBooks as well as the ability to create any type of customized reporting you might need.
Better Microsoft Office Integration
While both Dynamics GP and QuickBooks offer a range of Microsoft Office integration features (e.g. exporting reports directly to Excel or Word, emailing reports and documents through Outlook, etc…), only Dynamics GP offers advanced integration via SmartTags and Workflow that allows users within Outlook, Word, or Excel to view data from Dynamics GP without having to log in and manually look up the data.
One of QuickBooks’ major shortcomings is its lack of scalability. With a maximum user cap, inability to adequately track multiple entities, and declining performance as the database size increases, QuickBooks is simply unable to keep up with the demands of your growing business. Dynamics GP, on the other hand, supports unlimited users and includes multi-entity tracking capabilities. Its superior scalability allows it to accommodate your business needs as you grow – without sacrificing performance or functionality.
This short guide explores several of the key benefits of migrating from your existing QuickBooks solution to Microsoft Dynamics GP.
What is the Next Step?
MIG & Co. has helped companies across the country save money and improve the efficiency of their business processes by upgrading from QuickBooks to Microsoft Dynamics GP. For more information about how we can help your organization, click here to contact us or call 855-644-2677.