Microsoft Dynamics SL
Dynamics SL Supply Chain Management
The supply chain management tools in Microsoft Dynamics SL streamline manufacturing and distribution processes. You’ll get detailed and real-time visibility into customer demand and shipping costs and times, enabling you to make better and faster business decisions and adjustments.
The following supply chain management components come with the Business Essentials Edition of Microsoft Dynamics SL:
- Order Management: Efficiently enter and ship sales orders. Improve customer service by keeping employees on task and on top of the entire sales order process. Comprehensive order management tools for a range of industries, such as service, distribution, and manufacturing.
- Inventory: Easily handle outgoing orders, incoming stock, returns, backorders, surplus inventory, and dead stock. Maximize the return on your inventory investment.
- Purchasing: Reduce transaction costs with accurate purchasing, quick processing, streamlined receiving, and efficient invoice matching and vouchering. Get precise, up-to-date vendor and pricing information to make consistent and cost-effective purchasing decisions.
- Landed Cost: Capture landed costs (actual shipping and handling costs and import fees) and easily fold them into the total cost of goods. Calculate accurate inventory valuation by including additional charges beyond item purchase costs.
In addition, the following module is available in the Advanced Management Edition of Microsoft Dynamics SL, or a la carte:
- Requisitions: Enables employees to enter purchase requisitions online for manager approval and automatic transfer to purchase order processing. Streamlines and increases control over requisitioning, and reduces paperwork.