Dynamics GP Online Training Course
Inventory Control in Microsoft Dynamics GP
The Microsoft Dynamics GP Inventory Control training course explores all aspects of the Inventory Control module, from the initial setup of inventory items and the multiple methods of valuation supported, to the types of inventory transactions available and the tight integration to the Purchase Order Processing and Sales Order Processing modules.
This course shows you how to define default system parameters to improve user efficiency and cut down on costly data entry errors. These parameters include General Ledger accounts used in the Inventory Control module, as well as sites, product classes, valuation methods, and more. This course shows you how to group items for pricing, promotional, or analytical purposes and by type, such as finished goods, raw material, component, and more. You learn how to quickly find information such as inventory quantity on hand, quantity available, quantity on back order, costs, and list prices, and where to drill down to transaction details. You learn how to manage multiple sites, multiple bins within sites, negative quantities, and lot/serial numbers. You see how Lot/Serial Number tracking is streamlined during inventory transaction entry. You will also learn how to simplify entry and reconciliation of physical inventory counts.
The Microsoft Dynamics GP Inventory Control training course is intended for anyone who plans to implement, use, maintain, consult, or support any part of the Inventory and Order Processing series. The class is targeted toward administrators, office managers, CEOs, and consultants who need to understand the technical aspects of Inventory Control and gain foundational knowledge of the application functionality.
At Training Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Understand how Inventory Control module transactions integrate with other Microsoft Dynamics GP modules
- Define Inventory Control setup options that allow you to customize the system to better fit your organization’s unique needs
- Use the Inventory Control module to process receipts, make adjustments to inventory, and transfer transactions
- Use Inventory Control inquiry screens and reports to extract and analyze appropriate information to maintain and improve inventory business processes
- Create and assemble kits
- Understand how maintenance screen options affect transactions in the Inventory Control module
- Process physical inventory transactions and record the results
- Document month-end processes and close the Inventory Control module
Before attending this training course, individuals must have:
- General experience using Microsoft Windows
- Attend the MIG Introduction Track to Microsoft Dynamics GP course or have some basic knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics GP
For more information on our Dynamics GP Inventory Control training course or to schedule training for your organization, click the ‘Request Info’ button below.