The latest release of Microsoft Dynamics GP, Microsoft Dynamics GP 2015 R2, arrived in June. Since then we’ve been looking at several of the new features that were delivered along with it. In our previous posts, we’ve covered the following new features:
- All-in-one document viewer for purchasing
- Payables transaction approval workflow
- Employee self-service access to their W2
- Scriptable provisioning and management
- Analytical accounting transaction lists
- Self service user tasks and roles
- SmartList Designer SQL view
- SmartList Designer view workflow type
- Time management app
- Historical Received Not Invoiced report
- Enable email on all Purchase Order and Sales Order document formats
- Mask employee social security numbers on reports
- Debits displayed before credits
- Improved auto deposit functionality
Today we’re going to discuss the new consolidated Inquiry windows in the General Ledger.
An Overview of Consolidated Inquiry Windows in the General Ledger
This is another new feature that customers have been asking for, and that Microsoft has delivered. Users no longer have to navigate to different windows depending on whether or not a transaction is in an open or historical year, because they can now view open and historical transactions in the same window for Summary, Detail, and Account Summary Inquiries.
The Detail Inquiry window and the Historical Detail Inquiry window have been combined into the Detail Inquiry window, with both open and historical years now available in the Year drop down field. Similarly, the Summary Inquiry window and the Historical Summary Inquiry window have been combined into the Summary Inquiry window, and the Account Summary window and the Account History window have been combined into the Account Summary window. GoTos and drill backs for all years now go to one single window instead of separate open or historical inquiry windows.