The latest release of Microsoft Dynamics GP, Microsoft Dynamics GP 2015 R2, arrived in June, and we’ve been looking at some of the new features that were delivered with it. In previous entries, we’ve covered the following new features:
- All-in-one document viewer for purchasing
- Payables transaction approval workflow
- Employee self-service access to their W2
- Scriptable provisioning and management
- Analytical accounting transaction lists
- Self service user tasks and roles
- SmartList Designer SQL view
- SmartList Designer view workflow type
- Time management app
- Historical Received Not Invoiced report
- Enable email on all Purchase Order and Sales Order document formats
- Mask employee social security numbers on reports
- Debits displayed before credits
- Improved auto deposit functionality
- Consolidated inquiry windows in the General Ledger
Today we’re going to put the spotlight on a new visual indicator for customers who are over their credit limit.
Using the Customers Over Credit Limit Visual Indicator
When a customer calls in, you now have an easy way to quickly know whether or not the customer is over their credit limit. Two new checkboxes have been added to the Receivables Management Setup window to enable this functionality:
- Display Over Credit Icon
- Warn If Customer Over Credit
The first option enables a visual cue to be displayed if a customer is over their credit limit, as shown below.
The second option enables a popup window that warns that the customer is over their credit limit, requiring that a user click a Continue button to continue. These options are available for a wide number of windows in Microsoft Dynamics GP, including Customer Maintenance, Customer Inquiry, Sales Transaction Entry, Purchase Order Entry, Cash Receipts Entry, Invoice Entry, and many more.