The SMB Group has recently published two reports on SMB (small to midsize business) adoption of mobile business management apps: “SMB Adoption Trends and Requirements: Mobile Applications” and “SMB Adoption Trends and Requirements: Mobile Management.” SMB Group analyst Laurie McCabe introduced the reports on her blog, and noted that mobile adoption and mobile budgets continue to rise. It’s no wonder: businesses want to get on the bandwagon now or risk getting left behind.
In summary, here are the five key findings from these two reports:
- 55% of small businesses and 65% of midsize businesses now view mobile solutions as critical to their success.
- The majority of SMBs envision mobile apps complementing and even replacing traditional business applications.
- SMB median spending on mobile technology as a percentage of overall budgets leapt from 12% in 2013 to 16% in 2014.
- SMBs cite improved employee productivity, better access to people and information, and saved time as the top benefits of mobile solution adoption.
- From 2013 to 2014, small business support for BYOD (bring your own device) grew 33%, while such support from midsize businesses grew 10%.
Microsoft Dynamics SL makes mobile easy with a wide variety of the solution’s capabilities available on any mobile device in the form of free web apps. This includes analysis, but also time and expense entry, approvals, item request, and project and budget maintenance. There is also a resource management dashboard app that enables managers to quickly view resource assignments by project.