The latest release of Microsoft Dynamics GP, Microsoft Dynamics GP 2015 R2, arrived earlier this month and we’ve been looking at some of the new features that were delivered with it. In previous entries, we’ve looked at the following new features:
- All-in-one document viewer for purchasing
- Payables transaction approval workflow
- Employee self-service access to their W2
- Scriptable provisioning and management
- Analytical accounting transaction lists
- Self service user tasks and roles
- SmartList Designer SQL view
- SmartList Designer view workflow type
Today we’re going to cover two new features:
- Time management app
- Historical Received Not Invoiced report
A new time management app has been created that is available for Windows 8, iOS iPad devices, and Android tablets. This app enables employees to enter vacation and sick time in Payroll or time off against benefit timecodes within HR, depending on what module is set up for the Accrue Type. The app uses the settings in Microsoft Dynamics GP to determine what types of pay codes users can enter time against. An employee can see in a summary panel their available balance and active timecards they can enter time against. They can also view saved and submitted timecards within the active pay periods and two months of historical timecards.
The Historical Received Not Invoiced report is a new SQL Reporting Services report based off the current Received Not Invoiced report, but it adds a cutoff date based on transaction date or GL post date to enable you to use the report for historical purposes. This report will enable you to see what was received into inventory but not invoiced yet as of a specific date.