Microsoft Dynamics GP 2016 was released in May, and we’ve been going over the new features it delivers, first as introductions, and now in more detail. Today we’re going to take a closer look at another new feature we’ve previously introduced: the ability to attach Word template edit lists for batch-related workflows.
When you’re using workflows in Microsoft Dynamics GP, you’re having the system send email messages to notify users of pending approvals or tasks. Previously, you weren’t able to get details for each journal entry in those email messages without doing a lot of rework with the Workflow engine. But now, you can attach Word templates to batch approval email notifications that include detailed information from each associated batch edit list (general ledger, receivables, payables).
These are the five new Word templates available under Financial:
- General Posting Edit List Template
- Multicurrency General Posting Edit List Template
- Budget Trx Edit List Template
- Clearing Edit List Template
- Multicurrency Clearing Edit List Template
Here are the four new Word templates for Sales:
- RM Sales Posting Journal Template
- MC RM Transaction Posting Journal Template
- RM Cash Posting Journal Template
- MC Cash Receipts Posting Journal Template
And here are the six new Word templates for Purchasing:
- Computer Checks Posting Journal Template
- Manual Payments Posting Journal Template
- MC Computer Checks Posting Journal Template
- MC Manual Payments Posting Journal Template
- PM Transaction Posting Journal Template
- MC PM Transaction Posting Journal Template
The new report templates will function as other reports/templates do, including the ability for users to create a new template from an existing one. Once you have the templates activated in Template Configuration, you can find the option to “Include Word Templates” in the Workflow Maintenance screen.