At GPUG Summit 2015, Microsoft product marketing manager Errol Schoenfish and technical manager Jeff Trosen revealed some more details about what’s coming in Microsoft Dynamics GP 2016. As of now, GP 2016 is scheduled for release in April 2016. But before unveiling details about GP 2016, Schoenfish and Trosen recapped the major new features and enhancements that were delivered with Microsoft Dynamics GP 2015 R2 earlier this year.
Recap: Top New Features in Dynamics GP 2015 R2
The release of Dynamics GP 2015 R2 brought with it several new features and enhancements. Some of the most highly anticipated features included:
- An “all in one” document viewer for purchasing that puts all documents related to a single transaction on one screen, including payments, purchase orders, and more
- The ability to create SQL views using a SmartList Designer workflow
- Automatic deposit of cash receipts
- Visual indicators to show when customers have reached their credit limit
Sneak Peek: New Features Coming in Dynamics GP 2016
The new features and enhancements for Microsoft Dynamics GP 2016 that Schoenfish and Trosen revealed include the following:
- Expanded client support for additional browsers and for other operating systems like those for Apple and Android devices
- “All in one” document viewers for sales and inventory
- A fix for a problem wherein numbers exported to Excel would appear as text rather than as numerical values
- Simplified setup for payroll posting accounts
- Power BI data visualizations appearing on the homepage
- Credit card payment options for Accounts Payable
Microsoft also gave a demonstration of the upcoming HTML5 browser client on a Microsoft Surface tablet. The browser client uses design elements and navigation menus from Office 365, and it enables users to minimize navigation menus, so there’s more screen space for other items on the homepage.