The Personal Time Off (PTO) Manager, which comes with the Extended Human Resources and Payroll Pack for Microsoft Dynamics GP, enables you to manage complex and changing vacation and sick time policies quickly and accurately with an automated process. PTO Manager features include the following:
- User-defined accrual schedules with flexible and varying combinations that can fit with your company’s policies
- User-defined balance maximums using fixed amounts or variable schedules
- Waiting periods for new employees
- Recurring waiting periods for annual accruals based on hours worked
- Carry over limits to enforce “use it or lose it” policies
- User-defined PTO calculation based on hire date or adjusted hire date
- Reporting on current PTO liability by department
- Views of life to date and year to date totals
The PTO Manager makes it easy to apply and enforce consistent policies. Using the Accrual Schedules Setup window, you can define multiple accrual schedules specific to your organization and your accrual policies. Different schedules can represent different hour ranges and calculation factors, and an unlimited number of schedules can be created. The accruals can be based on hours worked per pay period, hours worked per year, hours worked life to date, and years worked.
To further ensure consistency, you can set maximums at the accruals level for per pay period and per year variable amounts. The schedules are implemented into the calculations when they are assigned to an employee in the Employee PTO Setup window. Additional reporting capabilities are also available in the form of a PTO Liability Report, Maximum and Accrual Setup window reports, and an Employee PTO Setup report.