In our last few Microsoft Dynamics GP blog entries, we’ve been looking at some of the dozens of new features coming next week with the arrival of Microsoft Dynamics GP 2016. So far we’ve taken a look at all of the following:
- The new HTML5 web client
- Web client search
- All-in-one document viewer for sales
- All-in-one document viewer for inventory
- Project accounting in requisitions
- Document attachment for project accounting
- Enhancements to payroll posting accounts
- Improved prepayments on purchase orders
- An option to exclude inactive pay codes from the pay codes lookup
- An option to enable a check batch to be paid by credit card
- Numbers exported from Excel will be formatted as numbers rather than text
Today we’re going to continue looking at the new features that will be coming your way as soon as next week.
Importing budgets is about to be easier. When you import a budget from Excel, an exception report will print that displays accounts that are not set up in Microsoft Dynamics GP. But that’s not the only exception report that has been added. Importing a budget from Excel will also print an exception report that displays accounts that are duplicates within the Excel file. The first record will be imported.
Another thing that is about to be easier is giving users access to Analytical Accounting. This is an enhancement to Analytical Accounting access settings that provides a new option to automatically grant users access to all Analytical Accounting transaction dimension codes, so that you will no longer have to define access individually for all users to all codes.